Tuesday, November 9, 2010

OU Mission

The mission of the University of Oklahoma is to provide the best possible educational experience for our students through excellence in teaching, research and creative activity, and service to the state and society.

    By reading this OU Mission statement, I would like to believe that I am fufilling it.  I know I am receiving excellent in teaching by the best staff, equipment and facilities; I just hope that I am using these to my benefit.  As much as I would like myself to believe that I am completely and 100% fufilling this mission statement, I could do a little more on my end.  All of the tools that I need are there for me if I would just use them.  Not that I am completely slacking, but I should not settle for anything less than I know that I can handle.  Sliding by should simply not be good enough.
    OU is fully living the mission statement every day.  It has given us one of the best learning enviornments for it's students not only by beautiful kept up to date buildings, but lab equipment as well. OU also gives it's students many resources to get involved with the community and the state.  Greek life, CAC, and other events may seem like fun events/ campus organizations that are just on campus however, most events are actually fundraisers or raise awareness for something.  Getting students involved with these types of groups also gets students to serve the state and the Norman community.

No comments:

Post a Comment