Monday, September 13, 2010

Influences

   I've been influenced many times in my life.  More often than not, I think that I have been influenced by my coach to be a better cheerleader, or by a miracle to strengthen my faith and influence my regular church attendance.  When entering college, I realized that I have had someone in my life for 13 years, that influences me everyday.  This girl influences me to have stronger faith when I feel weak.  She influences me to be a better person, and because of this I could not ask for a better sister.  Everytime that I talk to this young girl, I realize how blessed I am to have such an amazing person in my life.
   Entering college I was really timid and like every freshman unsure of what to expect.  Being away from home was hard, and although she has never experienced it, she was sure of what to say to calm me down.  On top of being a teenager, and dealing with meaner girls her age, managing to make good grades, and be such a beautiful dancer, she found time to make sure I was okay.  My sister has always been amazing person, but this above all influenced me to take the time to slow down my day, and not be so selfish.  By doing this I have found not only myself less stress, but I have found myself getting closer and closer to my sorority sisters and other friends, helping them, with what my sister helped me with.  I have also found that I am more understanding of others, and willing to help more.
   It is amazing to see that the influences in my life, are people that humble themselves and open themselves to others.  Not because they feel obligated, but because they genuinely care about me and my well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment